Instead of curling up under your blanket (or wearing so many layers that you can’t even put your arms down like the scene from “A Christmas Story”), these delectable hot drinks will warm you up and leave you feeling giddy.
And if you can’t see yourself surviving the rest of your winter without them, we have the recipes to bring all your favorites back home with you. So enjoy, stay warm and start the party early with these irresistible hot drinks. Toddy up!
Toddy 46 (Served inside Wynn’s newest restaurant, La Cave)
- 2 rounded bar spoons spiced apple butter (4 oz. of organic apple butter combined with 2 oz. of Sonoma’s Cinnamon Infused Simple Syrup.)
- 1 ½ oz. Makers Mark 46 Bourbon
- 1/2 oz. Vermont Grade A Medium Amber Maple Syrup
- 5 ½ oz. scalding hot water
Fill an 11-oz. tempered glass mug with scalding hot water. Set aside. In a bar mixing glass, add ingredients and stir to combine with a bar spoon. Discard water from pre-heated mug. Pour toddy into this pre-heated mug. Garnish with a horizontal slice of fresh lemon to float on top of toddy.
Mayan Hot Chocolate (Available at Parasol Lounge inside Wynn Las Vegas)
- 1 ½ oz. Mayan Hot Chocolate Powder Mix (See recipe below)
- 6 oz. Scalding Hot Water
- 3/4 oz. Hennessy VSOP Cognac
- 3/4 oz. Kahlua Coffee Liqueur
Preheat an 11-oz. tempered glass mug with stainless handle with scalding hot water for 30 seconds. Discard this water and add powder with fresh scalding hot water and stir until dissolved. Add liquor. Garnish with 1 oz. heavy whipping cream on top of hot chocolate (make sure to pour over a bar spoon so cream floats). Lightly sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
Mayan Hot Chocolate Mix
- 1 ½ oz. Boyd’s Hot Chocolate Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Valrhona Dutch Cocoa Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Pasilla Chili Powder by El Guapo (make sure powder is very dark like this one, if using another brand)
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
Combine ingredients into a clean, dry mixing bowl. Slowly stir to combine ingredients. Store in a dry covered container until it’s ready for use (expires six months after made on date).
- 1 ½ orange slice (with skin left on)
- 1 ¼ oz. Glenfiddich 15-year Scotch
- 1/2 oz. Marie Brizard Dark Crème de Cacao
- 1/4 oz. Vermont Grade A Medium Amber Maple Syrup
- 5 ½ oz. scalding hot water
Preheat an 11-oz. tempered glass mug with scalding hot water. Set aside. In a bar mixing glass, lightly muddle the orange. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine with a bar spoon. Discard water from pre-heated mug. Pour toddy into this pre-heated mug through a fine mesh strainer, removing pulp. Garnish with a three-inch cinnamon stick.
Hot Buttered Rum (Available at bars inside Bellagio)
- 1½ oz. Gosling’s Bermuda Gold Rum
- 2 heaping bar spoons homemade batter
- Hot water
Mix for Hot Buttered Rum:
- 1 lb. of light brown sugar
- 1 lb. salted butter
- 2 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tbsp. ground Allspice
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
Mix ingredients in a glass coffee mug.
Café Navidad (This is also served at bars inside Bellagio)
- 1¼ oz. tequila
- ¾ oz. Kahlua
- Freshly brewed coffee
- Fresh whipped cream
In a heated wine glass, add tequila and Kahlua. Fill with coffee and top with half an inch of whipped cream.
If you want to experience more yummy hot drinks to warm you up this wintertime, make sure to check out these taste hot chocolate delights.