It’s been pool perfect days in Vegas for the last few weeks with cool mornings and 90-degree temperatures in the afternoon. The great weather has coincided with the multitude of early pool club openings ( Bare, Day Dream, Ditch, Rehab, Sapphire pool, Tao Beach, Venus, VooDoo Beach and Wet Republic are already open) and Sin City’s homage to the bikini.
Tomorrow (Thursday, May 14), Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman declares “Summer in Paradise” by official proclamation at 10 a.m. at the Welcome to Las Vegas Sign (it’s also the 50th anniversary of the sign). Immediately following the proclamation is a swimwear retrospective runway fashion show featuring bathing attire from the 1950s through present day all hosted by Holly Madison.
After the fashion show, Holly and 300 bikini-clad models will head down the Strip (in front of the Fashion Show Mall) to attempt to make a Guinness Book world record by hosting the World’s Largest Bikini Parade down Las Vegas Boulevard.
If that’s not enough skin for you, Las Vegas hotel pools are throwing a couple of special events too:
Bare at The Mirage
- All Las Vegas locals receive complimentary entry all day
- First 100 people who are not Mandalay Bay guests will get access to the Mandalay Bay Beach.
- $100 discount on a cabana for the first 100 people
- Drink Specials: Pacifico beer for $3, Imperial Vodka Cocktails for $5 and Imperial Vodka Bottles $100
- DJ at the beach for the first 4 hours the pool is open (and possibly longer)
- Pool will be open to the public
- Drink specials at the pool from 12 p.m. – 6 p.m .
- Pool open to public with valid photo i.d., no charge
- DJ and ArchAngel dancers
- Dancers will hand out wristbands that are valid for 25 percent off drinks in Luxor lounges all day
- The pool will be filled with hundreds of beach balls and fun items
- Party with the participating bikini parade models 12 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Pool open to public
- Drink specials
New York-New York
- Beer Pong at the pool
- Volleyball at the pool
- 2-for-1 Raft Rentals