Calling all shopping divas and fashionistas!
On Thursday, Sept. 6 the third annual Fashion’s Night Out in Las Vegas celebrates fashion with makeovers, giveaways, freebies and much more. Created in 2009, Fashion’s Night Out was designed to bring the fun back in shopping. Enjoy events, discounts, gifts and activities and an all-around extravaganza at various stores.
With all the mega-malls on the Las Vegas Strip, it’s going to be one big party.
“Every year, Fashion’s Night Out becomes more exciting because more retailers participate,” said Janet LaFevre, group marketing director for The Shoppes at the Palazzo, Grand Canal Shoppes at Venetian and Fashion Show mall. “This highlights the best of the fall trend merchandise and really gives you a good sense of what’s available right now in stores.”
To make sure you don’t miss out on any of the action, we compiled a list of various store and restaurant events. So get dolled up, come in your cutest outfit and get ready to celebrate the night away. Free and open to the public, the Strip offers multiple events from 6 p.m. – 11 p.m.
The Shoppes at the Palazzo: Fans of E!’s “Fashion Police” are in luck: Celebrity stylist and co-host of the hit TV show, George Kotsiopoulos hosts Fashion’s Night Out at The Shoppes at The Palazzo from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
“I’m excited to host this celebration in Las Vegas — a city known for its over-the-top style,” said Kotsiopoulos. “The Shoppes at the Palazzo’s celebration is destined to be one of the city’s most exciting events.”
Highlights include a $1,000 shopping spree, a Q&A with Kotsiopoulos and a chance to win a trip for two to Hawaii (complete with a $500 shopping spree and hotel accommodations for three nights). Other activities include lipstick readings at Kiss & Tell Beauty Bar, style horoscopes and “Secrets of a Stylist” seminars. While you’re here, head to Canyon Ranch SpaClub for complimentary mini spa services and enter to win a $1,000 spa giveaway.
Fashion Show mall: Saks Fifth Avenue features fall’s hottest trends with a runway show at Fashion Show mall. Entertainment includes music, makeovers, champagne and drawings throughout the evening.
Forum Shops at Caesars Palace: Forum Shops offers an evening full of fashion, entertainment, spectacular store events, celebrity appearances, live performances and even freebies by the Garden of the Gods. The following are participating stores for Fashion’s Night Out:
- Enjoy live DJ music and refreshments at 7 For All Mankind, Bebe, DKNY, Ugg Australia, and Y-3.
- Ted Baker London hosts a Brit-themed bash with British refreshments, music, and complimentary tote bags with any purchase.
- Giuseppe Zanotti’s features a trunk show, while La Perla offers a giveaway gala.
- Enjoy special discounts at Antiquities, Baccarat, Bettie Page, Custo Barcelona, Gap, Intermix, Kiehl’s Since 1851 and Lacoste.
- Inglot offers free makeovers and a gift with purchase. At Fresh, enjoy a complimentary facial and a gift with purchase. You can also and register-to-win gift bag. Juicy Couture offers a free gift with any purchase.
- Receive a free scarf exclusively designed for Fashion’s Night Out with a purchase at Tommy Bahama or Tommy Bahama Women.
- Dior Beauty, Sephora and Anne Fontaine offer makeup demonstrations, while MAC Cosmetics offers a free makeup application with purchase.
- Enjoy a photo booth sponsored by Vegas magazine at Marc by Marc Jacobs
- Other special in-store events and offerings include Ann Taylor, Bally, Cache, Casa Fuente, Coach, Hearts On Fire, Jimmy Choo, John Varvatos, Marc Jacobs, Mont Blanc, Reed Krakoff, St John, H&M, Alfred Dunhill and Tod’s.
If you’ve worked up an appetite, then you’re in luck. Participating restaurants at the Forum Shops include the following:
- Enjoy a Chocolate Stiletto drink at Max Brenner – Chocolate by the Bald Man.
- Savor a complimentary appetizer with purchase of a specialty cocktail at The Palm Las Vegas.
- Sip on discounted cocktails at Planet Hollywood Restaurant & Bar and Sushi Roku and specialty drinks at Trevi Italian Restaurant and Spago.
- Complimentary bites by Il Mulino New York at Judith Ripka
- Joe’s Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab will donate $1 for every slice of seasonal pie ordered
Located inside Planet Hollywood across from CityCenter, Miracle Mile shops celebrates with sales, gifts and in-store events.
- BCBGMAXAZRIA: Be styled from head-to-toe and enter to win a $1,000 BCBGMAXAZRIA wardrobe.
- Bebe: Starting at 6 p.m., enjoy special discounts, music, light appetizers and refreshments. Shoppers receive a complimentary gift with any purchase of $100 or more.
- Guess: Enjoy a live DJ and a complimentary gift with any $100 purchase, while supplies last.
- Herve Leger: Visit Herve Leger from 6 p.m. – 11 p.m. and enjoy a complimentary glass of champagne.
- Lola: Munch on complimentary sweet treats as you shop Lola’s fall 2012 styles.
- Original Penguin: Join Original Penguin for cocktails, appetizers and an in-store DJ from 6 p.m. – 10 p.m. Enter to win a complete fall 2012 look.
- Steve Madden: Receive a complimentary limited edition studded iPad case with any purchase.
- Tommy Bahama: Shop between 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. and receive a limited edition Tommy Bahama scarf with any purchase of $50 or more.
- Tous: Sale includes up to 40 percent off select accessories. Receive a complimentary gift with any purchase of $250 or more.
- True Religion Brad Jeans: True Religion Brand Jeans debuts its True Religion Coated Denim Collection. Stop by and enjoy refreshments along with an exclusive gift with any purchase.
Located at the dazzling, sophisticated CityCenter, Crystals will have a live appearance by legendary stylist, Patricia Field. The Emmy Award-winning stylist is best known for her work with Jessica Parker in “Sex and the City” and Meryl Streep in “The Devil Wears Prada.” She will also present her own fashion showcase.
From 6 p.m. – 11 p.m., Crystals offers unique in-store experiences, as well as performances by Nevada Ballet Theatre. You’ll also see models strutting the latest fall throughout the shopping center, donning the latest fall fashions. In addition, Crystals also offers shoppers its second annual “Charity Crawl.” Participating retailers will donate a percentage of sales to the local charity. Stores include:
- Bottega Veneta
- Brunello Cucinelli
- Donna Karan
- Jimmy Choo
- Kiki de Montparnasse
- Paul Smith
- Roberto Cavalli
- Stella McCartney
- TAG Heuer
“This year’s Fashion’s Night Out celebration at Crystals is an opportunity for locals and visitors to enjoy and learn about fashion while supporting a wide array of charitable causes,” said Farid Matraki, senior vice president and general manager of Crystals. “We are elated to introduce even more charity-designer partnerships this year.”
In addition to in-store parties including cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, DJs and photo booths, other festivities include:
- Dream Racing Pit Stop: Get your adrenaline pumping with 3-D Ferrari racing simulators and fully-suited driving professionals offering racing advice. Sip cocktails at the private bar and enjoy time in the “man cave.”
- Nevada Ballet Theatre: Watch performances by the state’s largest professional ballet company and dance academy.
- Spa & Salon Vdara: Enjoy complimentary hand massages, exciting prizes and special discounts.
- Gallery Row: CityCenter’s featured gallery artists Dale Chihuly, Rodney Lough Jr. and Richard MacDonald will all present mini galleries of their spectacular works.
With so much going on, LaFevre offers this helpful tip: “The easiest way to do it is make a list — what’s in your wardrobe, what’s your budget…really be strategic how you want to fill up your fall wardrobe while having fun at the same time. There’s great deals, great parties, great trends — there’s something for everyone.”
Special showcase of Zumanity: The Sensual Side of Cirque du Soleil
Las Vegas isn’t just celebrating Fashion’s Night Out locally. Cirque du Soleil is taking the show on the road for a special showing at Fashion’s Night Out in New York City, Sept. 6 from 5 p.m. – 11 p.m.
In celebration of his two Las Vegas store openings (Fashion Show mall on Aug. 29 and Forum Shops on Nov. 15), Henri Bendel brings Las Vegas to New York City with an unforgettable celebration.
The New York City Henri Bendel atrium will be transformed into a Las Vegas casino, combining the elegance and glamour of Henri Bendel with the lavishness of Cirque du Soleil.
Zumanity performers will travel from their theater at New York – New York Hotel and Casino to New York City with a unique, one-of-a-kind display wearing their costumes created by haute couture designer, Thierry Mugler. During the event, guests can sip on champagne and enjoy fare from a variety of food trucks.
Even if you’re not going to be in the New York area, check out Zumanity in person Friday – Tuesday at New York – New York Hotel and Casino or you can purchase an exclusive Henri Bendel FNO T-shirt at the Fashion Show mall location. In addition, shoppers who spend $50 or more receive a Henri Bendel brown and white-striped iPhone case customized with Swarovski decals.