By Caroline Fontein
The weather is heating up, and with that comes a string of outdoor concerts in Vegas. This is especially good news for any beach-music fans. More reggae acts always roll into town during the summer months. There’s no better way to spend your evening than jamming to some feel-good rhythms poolside while sipping your favorite cocktail or two. Here’s a list of outdoor concert venues and who’s playing there this summer in Vegas. Keep checking back, as we’ll continue to update this throughout the summer months.
The Boulevard Pool at the Cosmopolitan
The Boulevard Pool at the Cosmopolitan is a multilevel pool experience by day and an awesome concert venue come sunset. Perched high above the Las Vegas Strip the pool area offers guests a unique view of the Strip and whatever headliner may be performing there that evening.
- June 11: Cake, 8 p.m.
- June 17: The Flaming Lips, 8 p.m.
- July 15: Ben Folds, 8 p.m.
- Aug. 20: Death Cab for Cutie, 9 p.m.
- Sept. 9: Ben Harper, 8 p.m.
The Sandbar and the Amphitheater at Red Rock Casino, Resort & Spa
The Red Rock Casino, Resort & Spa has two outdoor concert venues, the Sandbar (located poolside) and the Amphitheater. This summer the Sandbar is hosting Revolution Friday Nights. This weekly party features a variety of acts from the ’80s, ’90s and today. Every Friday the doors open at 7 p.m. and the party gets started with National DJ Champion DJ AL3 spinning beats to get the crowd moving. Tickets for all the Friday shows are $30. All shows start at 9 p.m.
- May 27: Barenaked Ladies
- June 3: Goo Goo Dolls
- June 10: O.A.R
- June 17: Steel Pulse
- June 24: Gavin DeGraw
- July 1: Grace Potter & The Nocturnals
- July 8: Puddle of Mudd
- July 15: Neon Trees
- July 29: Lifehouse
- Aug. 5: Weezer
- Aug. 12: Gipsy Kings
- Sept. 16: Tears for Fears
The Amphitheater is the hotel’s other outdoor venue. It hosts big-name acts.
- June 18: Motley Crue with Poison and New York Dolls, 7 p.m.
- Aug. 8: Toby Keith, 7:30 p.m.
- Oct. 8: Enrique Iglesias, 7:30 p.m.
Mandalay Beach at Mandalay Bay
Located in the Mandalay Bay’s tropical pool complex, the beach at Mandalay Bay lets guests listen to music with their toes in the sand. Headlining acts perform on a stage situated over the pool area. That, combined with swaying palms trees and a warm summer breeze, create the perfect setting for an outdoor concert venue come nightfall. All shows are at 9 p.m.
- May 29: Calle 13
- June 12: Wisin y Yadel
- July 16: Chris Isaak
- July 29: Peter Frampton
- Aug. 13: Lost ’80s Live featuring A Flock of Seagulls, The Motels, When in Rome UK, Tommy Tutone, Animotion, Dramarama and Boys Don’t Cry
- Sept. 3: Beach Boys
- Sept. 4: The b-52’s & The Human League
The Pool at Hard Rock Hotel
During the day the pool at the Hard Rock Hotel just might be one of the wildest parties on the Strip. Come evening, the good times don’t stop when the lush pool area transforms into a concert venue.
- June 10: Stephen Marley, 9 p.m.
- June 15: Toots & the Maytals, 8 p.m.
- July 30: Kenny Wayne Shepherd, 9 p.m.
- Aug. 6: Matisyahu, 8:30 p.m.
- Sept. 10: Collective Soul, 9:30 p.m.