Revered across the globe as The King of Country, country music legend George Strait will be taking the Vegas stage at the new Las Vegas Arena beginning in April 2016.
Announcing the exciting news in a press conference this morning, the all-time best-selling musician said, “Las Vegas has been a big part of my country music career…the crowds are great and they come from all over the place, because there is so much to do here. A concert is kind of a bonus.”
In addition to revealing his upcoming Vegas concert dates, April 22 – 23 and Sept. 9 – 10, Strait also gave press conference attendees a sneak preview of his newest album, “Cold Beer Conversation,” that will be released to the public this Friday.
With 60 No. 1 singles including “Amarillo By Morning” and “Blue Clear Sky,” Strait will be performing an array of his classic hits as well a track from his new album. He worked with his son, Bubba Strait, to write several tracks on the record as well as other well-known songwriters such as Dean Dillon, Bill Anderson, Brandy Clark, Buddy Cannon and Jamey Johnson Strait.
“I think it’s a great record – I always say this; I think it’s one of the best records I’ve done. I always shoot for that,” Straight said.
Getting his start in Las Vegas playing at casinos including the New Frontier, the Golden Nugget and the Mirage, Strait will be the first of many icons to perform in the state-of-the-art Las Vegas Arena.
“George has played an important role in our city’s entertainment history and we celebrate today as a city to welcome him back,” said Rick Arpin, Senior Vice President of the Las Vegas Arena. “We can’t wait to have him in our arms again.”
With a long history of record-breaking concert attendance over his iconic career, there is no doubt that the undisputed King of Country will be able to fill the 20,000-seat venue with ease.
“I am looking forward to singing those songs that I love so much,” said Strait. “I haven’t done them in a long time so I’m really, really looking forward to it.”
Tickets for the concert series will go on sale Friday, Oct. 2 at 10:00 a.m. PT via www.straittovegas.com and range in price from $75 to $200 plus applicable fees.
Rewatch the press conference
The track listing for “Cold Beer Conversation” (available Friday) is as follows:
1. “It Was Love” (Keith Gattis)
2. “Cold Beer Conversation” (Al Anderson, Ben Hayslip and Jimmy Yeary)
3. “Let It Go” (George Strait, Bubba Strait and Keith Gattis)
4. “Goin’ Goin’ Gone” (Wyatt Earp and Keith Gattis)
5. “Something Going Down” (Jamey Johnson and Tom Shapiro)
6. “Take Me To Texas” (Brandy Clark and Shane McAnally)
7. “It Takes All Kinds” (George Strait, Bubba Strait, Bob Regan and Wil Nance)
8. “Stop And Drink” (Dale Dodson and Troy Jones)
9. “Everything I See” (George Strait, Bubba Strait, Dean Dillon and Keith Gattis)
10. “Rock Paper Scissors” (Casey Beathard, Monty Criswell and Bubba Strait)
11. “Wish You Well” (Clint Daniels, Jeff Hyde and Brice Long)
12. “Cheaper Than A Shrink” (Bill Anderson, Buddy Cannon and Jamey Johnson)
13. “Even When I Can’t Feel It” (Dean Dillon, Ben Hayslip and Lee Miller)