The biggest annual celebration for electronic dance music lovers is on its way to Sin City again. The Electric Daisy Carnival is returning for a third straight year to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway on June 21 – 23, 2013.
Tickets have sold out. If you’ve got one, you’re in for an extraordinary experience – as it will be a kaleidoscope of sight and sound. Now in its 17th year, this immersive audiovisual event produced by Insomniac features the industry’s most renowned electronic dance music talent. (Click here for a complete list of performers scheduled to appear at EDC Las Vegas 2013.)
If you were unable to get tickets to the festival or if you just want to augment your exposure to electronic dance music when you’re not at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, you’ll have plenty of opportunities. Not only does Insomniac have an entire week of events along with the EDMbiz Music Conference planned, but numerous pool clubs and nightclubs in Las Vegas will also be showcasing EDM superstars.
So here’s a breakdown of all the different ways you can celebrate EDC this weekend.
• The EDMbiz Music Conference 2013 is being held at The Cosmopolitan from June 18 – 20. It will bring together industry leaders, pioneers and related businesses to focus on moving electronic dance music on a thriving path in the future. Among the topics and issues to be covered are branding, best practices, direct-to-fan relationships, festivals, licensing, social media, sponsorships and technology platforms. James Barton (president of Live Nation Electronic Music), Perry Farrell (founder of Lollapalooza), Marc Geiger (head of music at William Morris Endeavor), Rob Light (managing partner and head of music at Creative Artists Agency) and Pasquale Rotella (CEO of Insomniac) lead the group of marquee speakers. You can also expect an impressive lineup of panelists – like Neil Moffitt, CEO of Angel Management Group, and Jason Strauss, managing partner of TAO Group. Registration for the conference costs $499. Participants will enjoy a networking pre-party on June 18 as well as complimentary entrance to two of Vegas’ finest nightclubs following each full day of programming. For more information, go to EDMbiz.com.
• Bassrush, a sub-brand of Insomniac that is geared solely toward bass music, is throwing the Bassrush Pool Party on Paradise Beach at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino on June 20 from 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. Revel in the sun all day long with 12th Planet, AC Slater, Antiserum, Brillz, Craze, gLAdiator, Kill the Noise and Teenwolf. Tickets cost $30.
• Continue your enjoyment of bass by attending Bassrush Massive in the Orleans Arena at The Orleans on June 20 from 7 p.m. – 4 a.m. The all-encompassing audiovisual display is dedicated to enhancing the raw power and thick vibes unique to bass music. The lineup for the event features Andy C, Excision, Flosstradamus, Fury with MC Dino, Jack Beats, Kill the Noise, Sub Focus and UZ. Tickets cost $30.
• Insomniac and Rehab at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino have teamed up to organize the HARD Vegas Pool Party on June 23 from 10 a.m. until sundown. There’s no better place to recover after a long night of partying in Sin City than the legendary Rehab pool party – and this Sunday you’ll be able to enjoy music by Boyz Noize and Fatboy Slim. Admission is $85.
• Insomniac has also partnered with TAO Group to provide a full week of world-class DJ programming at its various nightclubs. At Lavo in The Palazzo, listen to Dash Berlin on June 18, 3LAU and Carnage on June 19, Claude VonStroke and Cajmere (presented by Dirtybird) on June 20, Carl Cox on June 21, John Digweed on June 22 and DJ Vice with an after-hours show by Sasha & Dubfire on June 23. Soak up the rays at Marquee Dayclub in The Cosmopolitan and enjoy the EC Twins on June 19, Sander van Doorn on June 20, Armin van Buuren and W&W on June 21, Avicii on June 22, Kaskade with Sunnery James and Ryan Marciano on June 23 and Mark Knight with Umek on June 24 – then head up to Marquee Nightclub to see Avicii and Helena on June 20, Benny Benassi on June 21, Kaskade on June 22 and Dirty Dutch presenting DJ Chuckie’s birthday on June 24. TAO Beach at The Venetian will become another hotspot during the daytime with Tritonal and Seven Lions on June 20; Arty, Cosmic Gate, Rebecca & Fiona and Helena on June 21; Gareth Emery on June 22; and Ferry Corsten and Markus Schulz on June 23. After the sun has set, make tracks for TAO Nightclub, where you’ll find Dash Berlin and ATB on June 20, Fatboy Slim and Gareth Emery on June 21 and DJ Vice on June 22.
Pool club events
• A lineup of top-name EDM producers and DJs will shine in Daylight Beach Club at Mandalay Bay. Nicky Romero kicks things off with an Eclipse at Daylight show on June 19, which starts at 10 p.m. See Baauer on June 21, Alesso (with Skrillex performing in a “sunset edition” of Eclipse at Daylight that begins at 5:30 p.m.) on June 22 and Krewella on June 23.
• Scope out Encore Beach Club for hot bodies and cool music by Diplo on June 21, Steve Angello on June 22 and Above & Beyond on June 23.
• On June 22, bask in the sun during the Juicy Beach party hosted by Robbie Rivera at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino. In addition to Rivera, jam to the beats of Lucky Date and Treasure Fingers. Rivera and Lucky Date will continue the fun well into the wee hours at Body English during Juicy Vegas After Dark. Joining them in the DJ booth will be Lee Kalt.
• Check out the awesome sights and sounds that will be coming from Wet Republic at MGM Grand. Pete Tong, R3HAB, Tiga and Michael Woods get the fun under way on June 20. Steve Aoki appears with Nervo on June 21. Calvin Harris takes over the turntables on June 22, followed by Tiësto on June 23. Closing the long weekend will be deadmau5 on June 24.
• Sapphire Pool & Day Club, the sexy daylife scene at the “world’s largest gentlemen’s club,” boasts SKAM artists Tara Brooks on June 22 and Chris Garcia on June 23.
• Palms Pool will feature Jazzy Jeff with Mark Stylz on June 21 as part of its Ditch Friday party, with DHG and Presto One taking over on June 22 for the Ditch Saturday bash. Presto One will be on his own to wind things down at the resort on June 23.
• For an adrenaline-loaded experience, go to Light Nightclub inside Mandalay Bay. The all-star lineup at this theatrical new venue consists of Nicky Romero on June 20, Alesso on June 21, and Zedd and Baauer on June 22.
• Electronic dance music lovers are going to want to spend at least one evening – if not more! – at Encore. XS is showcasing Above & Beyond on June 21, Steve Angello on June 22 and Eric Prydz with Sultan and Ned Shepard as part of the Nightswim party on June 23. In addition, at Surrender you’ll discover Dirty South on June 20, Porter Robinson on June 21 and Afrojack on June 22.
• Last but not least, the megaclub Hakkasan at MGM Grand has planned five straight nights of incomparable EDC-inspired talent. The riveting lineup is made up of Dada Life on June 19, Hardwell on June 20, Tiësto on June 21, Calvin Harris on June 22 and deadmau5 on June 23.