The dining scene in Las Vegas is always evolving and coming up this summer and fall there will be several new restaurant openings. From celebrity chef offerings to burger joints and steakhouses, there’s something for everyone. Here’s a quick guide to some of the new dining spots we’re looking forward to.
McFadden’s at Town Square (scheduled to open July 18): McFadden’s Restaurant and Saloon, which once had a location at the Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino, returns to Las Vegas this month. The restaurant serves hearty Irish- American fare including things like the Pickle Back Burger, a Jameson Irish Whiskey-glazed beef patty topped with applewood smoked bacon, pepper jack cheese and fried pickles; and the Lasagna Bun Burger, a meatball-seasoned burger, topped with provolone and house-made marinara, held together with two thick slices of deep-fried mozzarella and ricotta lasagna.
- Pizza Rock in downtown Las Vegas (coming late summer): Tony Gemignani, 11-time World Pizza Champion, is bringing his unique concept, Pizza Rock, to Las Vegas. Slated to open later this summer in the spot that was once Celebrity Theater, Pizza Rock will feature gourmet pizzas in a variety of styles, hand-crafted artisan cocktails and an extensive imported beer and wine list. Menu highlights will include Gemignani’s award-winning pizzas such as the Sicilian-style burratina di margherita (burrata cheese, cherry tomatoes tossed with basil, extra virgin olive oil and balsamic reduction); Napoletana-style margherita (San Marzano tomatoes, mozzarella fior de latte, basil, extra virgin olive oil and sea salt) and Cal Italia (asiago, mozzarella, imported gorgonzola, sweet fig preserve, prosciutto di Parma, Parmigiano-Reggiano and balsamic reduction).
- Carmine’s at the Forum Shops at Caesars (coming this summer): The first West Coast location of New York City’s legendary family-style Italian eatery, Carmine’s brings a 25,000-square-foot, two-level restaurant to The Forum Shops at Caesars. The restaurant is famous for its abundant portions served in a festive atmosphere.Expect soulful Southern Italian food served family-style with platters large enough to feed a group of four hungry diners. Menu items include the staggering nine-inch-high eggplant Parmigiana and pastas like linguine with clam sauce and country-style rigatoni. Meat lovers will enjoy a variety of beef, veal and chicken dishes.
- Lucille’s at Red Rock (coming in mid-August): Lucille’s, a popular barbecue joint at The District at Green Valley Ranch, is opening a second location at the Red Rock Casino Resort in Summerlin. Lucille’s serves Southern-style barbeque favorites like baby back ribs, St. Louis spare ribs, Texas-style beef brisket, smoked BBQ chicken and more. Other specialties include Southern classics like catfish, fried chicken, shrimp and jambalaya.
- Kumi at Mandalay Bay (coming this summer): Chef Akira Back and the Light Group are bringing a modern Japanese menu with a Korean American twist to Kumi at Mandalay Bay. The 10,000-square-foot restaurant will offer various dining areas with seating for up to 300 people. The anchor of the dining room will be Kumi’s sushi bar, featuring glazed cobalt blue tiles in a scalloped pattern. Adjacent to the sushi bar will be a back rotunda with walls painted with giant interpretations of cherry blossom trees.
- Tom Colicchio’s Heritage Steak at The Mirage (scheduled to open in August): New York chef Tom Colicchio opens Heritage Steak at The Mirage this summer. The 220-seat restaurant will focus on meats prepared over an open flame on wood-burning ovens and charcoal grills.
- B&B Burger & Beer at the Venetian (scheduled to open in September): Mario Batali and Joe Bastianich have collaborated to create B&B Burger & Beer, a casual restaurant serving high-quality burgers and a variety of beers. The burgers will be made from American beef, served on a charred bun and accompanied by signature side dishes, salads and shakes. The beer-driven beverage menu will feature craft brews from Las Vegas and Southern California breweries.
- Buddy V’s at the Venetian (coming this fall): Buddy Valastro, star of TLC’s “Cake Boss,” will open his first restaurant this fall at the Venetian. The restaurant, a partnership with veteran restaurateurs Elizabeth Blau and Kim Canteenwalla, is inspired by Valastro’s family gatherings and will feature recipes passed down from his mother, grandmother and aunts. The menu will offer twists on Italian-American favorites, as well as Valastro family favorites like Sunday gravy, steak pizzaiola and linguine and clams with lobster. The renowned baker’s restaurant will, of course, also serve an impressive dessert selection including zeppole, cannoli and Valastro’s famous lobster tail pastry.