Las Vegas is home to some of the best restaurants in the world by some of the most celebrated chefs in the world, so it’s no surprise “Food & Wine” magazine is hosting its third annual Food & Wine All-Star Weekend here.
The event, which takes place Oct. 5 – 7 at Aria Resort & Casino, Bellagio, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay and The Mirage, is filled with parties, tastings and special interactive events with distinguished sommeliers, mixologists and celebrity chefs like Hubert Keller, Michael Mina, Rick Moonen and more.
“Something special always happens when amazing chefs join forces,” said Keller, chef/creator of Fleur and Burger Bar at Mandalay Bay. “Mixing that with the spectacles Las Vegas is known for will make for once-in-a-lifetime experiences for all of us at Food & Wine All-Star Weekend.”
The weekend will be hosted by “Top Chef” judge and culinary expert Gail Simmons. “I’m thrilled to be hosting the third annual Food & Wine All-Star Weekend in Las Vegas, for my third year in a row,” she said. “It’s going to be a weekend full of extraordinary food and wine by some of the brightest and best culinary talent in the country.”
One of the highlights of the weekend will be the Surfside Soirée at Mandalay Bay Beach on Saturday. Guests can enjoy live music, cocktails and a sampling of food from some of the world’s greatest chefs.
“I am excited to experience so many different styles of cooking techniques and presentations at the Surfside Soirée,” said Mina. “From Susan Feniger’s celebrated Latin cuisine to Rick Moonen’s sustainable seafood, it will be a great experience…”
Here’s a taste of what guests can indulge in this weekend:
Friday, October 5
- Afternoon Tea: Join culinary expert Gail Simmons and Executive Pastry Chef Kamel Guechida for a variety of decadent French pastries while sipping the finest tea selections. 2 – 4 p.m. at Joël Robuchon in MGM Grand; $95.
- Master Sommeliers Who Make Wine: Five of the 129 Master Sommeliers in North America will be at Bellagio to share their adventures of producing their own wine labels. 3 – 4:30 p.m. at Tuscany Kitchen in Bellagio; $85.
- Tequila Tasting Happy Hour: Enjoy more than 15 different types of premium tequila with “Chopped” champion chef Christina Olivarez along with some of her culinary specialties. 2 – 4 p.m. at Diego inside MGM Grand; $50.
- Sweet Strip Viewing: Join Executive Chef Bruno Riou, Executive Pastry Chef Orady Ditgnavong and Master Chocolatier Vincent Pilon for signature cocktails and gourmet desserts with an amazing view of the Strip. 9 – 11 p.m. at Mix inside THEhotel at Mandalay Bay; $125.
Saturday, October 6
- French Cooking Demo and Feast: Master the art of French cooking with Executive Chefs Claude Le-Tohic and Steve Benjamin as they expertly guide you through the preparation of two legendary Joël Robuchon signature courses, followed by a three-course lunch with wine pairings. 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. at L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon in MGM Grand; $110.
- Seasonal Cooking Demonstration at Aureole: Learn from Executive Chef Vincent Pouessel of Aureole as part of an exclusive group of guests and enjoy an interactive cooking demonstration highlighting seasonal fall fare. 3 – 4:30 p.m. at Aureole in Mandalay Bay; $100.
- Ultimate Champagne & Sashimi: Enjoy fresh sashimi paired with the world’s best champagne with Michelin-starred Chef Masa Takayama – stay late for the Toro Caviar, Chef Masa’s signature dish. 3 – 4:30 p.m. at barMASA in Aria; $150.
- Wine Tasting & Food Pairing Featuring Tom Colicchio’s Craftsteak: Take advantage of a rare opportunity to taste the most exclusive wine on the Las Vegas Strip – Ghost Horse Wine. The label was previously only available at Todd Anderson’s vineyard. Anderson will personally serve his rare California wine along with Craftsteak’s meats and other indulgent, gourmet, comfort food specialties. 7 – 9 p.m. at Craftsteak in MGM Grand; $275.
- Surfside Soirée: Enjoy signature recipes by a collection of the world’s greatest chefs at an extraordinary beachside tasting event at Mandalay Bay Beach. Savor culinary creations from some of Vegas’ most talented celebrity chefs including Rick Moonen, Hubert Keller and Michael Mina. Live music and cocktails will complement the spectacular dishes at an unforgettable Vegas beach party. 7 – 10 p.m. at Mandalay Bay Beach; $257.
Sunday, October 7
- Jasmine Dreams of Dim Sum & Champagne: Join Bellagio’s Master Sommelier Jason Smith and “Food & Wine’s” Gail Simmons for a luxurious brunch of modern and traditional dim sum paired with champagne while overlooking the beautiful backdrop of the Fountains of Bellagio. 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. at Jasmine in Bellagio; $125.
For more information and to purchase tickets, click here.