Maybe you dream of becoming the next Julia Child or being a contestant on a reality TV cooking show. Or maybe you just really love food. Whatever the case may be, Food University at Caesars Palace can help turn your food fantasies into reality.
The three-day program, which runs March 27 – 29, is a fun, hands-on way for food lovers and amateur cooks to learn from some of the world’s top celebrity chefs, writers, sommeliers and food experts.
Food University is a collaboration among Caesars Palace; philanthropist and hospitality industry leader Larry Ruvo; Food Network co-founder Robin Leach; and veteran culinary entertainment producer Richard Gore.
Participants will not only get to eat and drink, they will rub elbows with celebrity chef professors and actively participate in classes to hone their cooking skills.
Among the celebrities who will be teaching the classes are Chef Patrick “Paddy” Glennon of Santa Monica Seafood; Duff Goldman, star of Food Network’s “Ace of Cakes;” Chef Steve Martorano, cook and author known as the “Godfather of Italian-American cooking;” legendary pastry chef François Payard; culinary TV personality Claudine Pépin; Frank Pellegrino, Jr., proprietor of the Rao’s restaurants in New York and Las Vegas; James Beard Award-winning Chef Alex Stratta; Christina Wilson, winner of season 10 of “Hell’s Kitchen;” and more.
Students will participate in classes like Understanding Wine 101, Basic Knife Skills, Intro to Cheese, Classic Italian, Cake Decorating with Duff Goldman and Chocolate Epiphany, taught by François Payard. There will also be field trips to explore what it’s like behind the scenes in some of Vegas’ hottest restaurants.
Tuition for Food University is $1,995 per person and includes:
- Nine hands-on cooking classes taught by accomplished and recognized chefs
- Three in-depth seminars covering topics such as wine, eating healthy and food trends
- Two field trips
- An exclusive seminar featuring Francesco LaFranconi of the Southern Wine and Spirits Hospitality Mixology Program, normally available only to hotel and restaurant executives
- Three breakfasts and three lunches
- An interactive celebrity chef competition presentation
- A graduation ceremony where guests receive their “Enlightened Palate” degree
- Special rates on Caesars Palace accommodations
- All utensils, tools, cookware and ingredients
As with any schooling, Food University will culminate in a graduation ceremony where students will receive their “Enlightened Palate” diploma. In addition, each student enrolled for the first classes will receive a private VIP invitation for a never-before-seen prestigious wineries tour in Napa Valley previously off-limits to the public.
To purchase tickets, call (866) 840-8822.