Summertime’s just around the corner. Since temperatures in this town will reach the triple digits very soon, you’ll need to know where to go for good, cold treats. Here is a list of some of my picks:
- The popular New York eatery, Serendipity 3, made its West Coast debut inside Caesars Palace. Here you can enjoy drinks like Frrrozen Hot Chocolate, Frrrozen Mochaccino and Frrrozen Pineapple Coconut. And for all you ice cream lovers, the expansive ice cream sundae selection will blow your mind.
- A fan of gelato? You’ll find great selections at Espressamente Illy at Palazzo, Giorgio Caffé & Ristorante inside Mandalay Place, Café Gelato inside Bellagio, Aromi D’ Italia at Planet Hollywood and Sugar and Ice inside Wynn Las Vegas.
- Frozen custard is really popular with locals, If you want to check out one of our longtime favorites (and don’t mind the short drive from the Strip), Luv-it Frozen Custard has more combinations than you can handle. But beware – this is just a walk-up stand. If you want a place to cool off and enjoy custard indoors, try Nielsen’s, just 15 minutes from the Strip. Located on Eastern and Serene avenues (near the 215 freeway), Nielsen’s captures the feel of an old-school ice cream parlor and features a different custard flavor daily.
- If you just want good ol’ Ben & Jerry’s, you can find one inside New York-New York or Planet Hollywood. There is also a Haagen-Dazs inside the Stratosphere and at New York-New York.
- If you’re shopping through Town Square, make sure to stop by Yogurtland, which offers creative flavors like taro, bananas Foster, New York cheesecake, Arctic Vanilla, tiramisu and more. Plus with fun toppings like Fruity Pebbles, mochi and kiwi, you really can’t go wrong.
- If you’re looking to cool yourself off with a “twist,” many restaurants, bars and pool areas can create that perfect libation just for you. Just remember to drink responsibly – and let your friends have a sip or two!
Make sure to find a cool spot to enjoy your treat. You’ll really wish you savored each and every bite (or sip) the minute you step outside! For a complete list of popular ice cream spots on or near the Strip, click here.