Onda is a gem, tucked away in the corner of restaurant row in the Mirage. The restaurant offers a few terrific deals, sure to leave your both your stomach and your wallet full.
This Italian eatery is featuring a “Discover Italy” series every month from now through June 2012. For two weeks in each month, Onda is highlighting a different region of Italy and offering key flavors, ingredients and dishes from that region.
“It’s good for the guest because they order something that they might not normally order,” says Executive Chef Derek Gigliotti.
The Italian tour takes off this Thursday, Jan. 12. If you’re visiting Vegas over the next few months, here is a schedule of events:
- Jan. 12 – 26: Take a tour through the Piedmont region with dishes like polenta, ravioli, agnolotti and black truffle risotto.
- Feb. 9 – 23: Enjoy pastas from the Emilia-Romagna region like Romagna-style baked macaroni and lasagna verdi.
- March 8 – 22: Fresh meats like pork ribs and fish like grilled Mediterranean cuttlefish grace this menu inspired by the Venuto region.
- April 12 -26: The Ligurian region is all about seafood and pesto. Menu items at Onda include a whole salt-encrusted snapper and black pasta with a creamy pesto sauce.
- May 10 – 24: Sardinia is known widely for its fresh seafood, particularly dishes with octopus, anchovies and shellfish.
- June 14 – 28: Simple and rustic, the Tuscan region includes vegetables, crusty breads, beans and cheeses. The hearty fare is translated at Onda into savory options like Tuscan bean soup and seared duck breast with pine nuts.
These delicious selections from around Italy are offered in a prix fixe menu or select items will also be offered à la carte.
“It’s a really good value,” says Gigliotti. “If you buy [the prix fixe menu] for $55, it’s a great deal. If you were to buy each item à la carte, it would probably cost you around $65 or $70.”
The three-course prix fixe menu is available for dinner at Onda for $55. If you would like a wine pairing with your meal, it is only $14 extra—an exceptional value for wine in Las Vegas.
Additional noteworthy year-round specials include “Mussel Up”—an all-you-can-eat offering of mussels, prepared in white wine and garlic or in marinara sauce, available Sunday – Thursday, 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. for just $20 per person. The mussels special is served with grilled bread, perfect for dunking.
Onda also features a complimentary wine tasting every Friday from 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
For more information on Onda Ristorante & Wine Lounge at the Mirage, CLICK HERE.