The highly-anticipated, sky-high zip line between the Rio hotel’s two towers is opening over the Memorial Day weekend. Mixed martial arts announcer Bruce Buffer will kick off the grand opening event for the VooDoo Zipline at noon on Sunday, May 25, yelling his signature catchphrase, “It’s time!”
Soaring round-trip more than 490 feet above the ground, VooDoo Zip Line launches two riders from the 50th floor of the Rio’s Masquerade Tower to the adjoining 20-story Ipanema Tower, and back. It promises to be an adrenaline-inducing, one-of-a-kind ride with views of one of the most famous streets in the world, the Las Vegas Strip.
Here are some fast facts about VooDoo Zip Line:
- The first leg reaches speeds of up to 35 mph
- The return trip travels backwards at 20 mph
- It offers a 360-degree panorama of the Strip and scenic views of the valley
- It covers one-third of a mile
- It takes one minute and 10 seconds
VooDoo Zip Line is open to the public from noon to midnight Monday through Thursday and 10 a.m. to midnight Friday through Sunday. For more information, click here.