This year, these two shopping malls are hosting “Fashion’s Night Out,” a collaboration with Vogue, the Council of Fashion Designers of America, NYC & Company and the City of New York. Fashion’s Night Out puts the fun back in shopping.
Last year in New York City alone, more than 800 participating stores across five boroughs brought in thousands of shoppers. Designers, celebrities, models and fashion editors made appearances during this extravaganza. This year, hundreds of retailers in cities across the country will host their own Fashion’s Night Out celebrations.
The Shoppes at the Palazzo and the Fashion Show mall teamed up to create a week-long series of events to promote Fashion’s Night Out centered around the nearly 250-plus designer boutiques. The Shoppes at The Palazzo and Fashion Show are among the first in the city to participate in this global fashion frenzy. Official participation for Fashion’s Night Out is through application only.
In addition, more than 75 retailers will be offering special shopping incentives throughout the weekend including Fendi, 7 For All Mankind, Dooney & Burke, Banana Republic, Jimmy Choo and GUESS, to name a few.
Be sure to check out the following events:
Wednesday, Sept. 8
- LAVO nightclub’s Fashion’s Night Out Label Junkie runway show at The Palazzo, featuring a Betsey Johnson runway show at 10 p.m.
Thursday, Sept 9
- TAO nightclub’s Fashion’s Night Out during Worship Thursday at The Venetian, featuring a Poleci runway show at 10 p.m.
(Note: Fashion Show mall will also host Fashion’s Night Out runway fashion shows throughout the weekend.)
Neiman Marcus at Fashion Show
- Fashion for Food: Donate $25 to Three Square Food Bank and receive a key that could unlock a case full of fashionable prizes.
- Cosmetics department: Purchase $100 or more in cosmetics and receive a fashionable fall tote filled with beauty essentials. Beauty stations are available for Fashion’s Night Out makeovers.
- Ladies Shoes: Christian Louboutin Trunk Show; Chocolate and champagne tasting from Chef Megan Romano; “It’s a Sweet Life” by Megan Romano book signing
- Designer Sportswear: Phantom: The Las Vegas Spectacular performance; models showcasing the hottest trends for fall
- Contemporary Sportswear: Style your yogurt with a variety of fun toppings provided by Chill A Yogurt Bar. There will be a photo booth to commemorate the evening.
- Precious Jewelry: H. Stern Trunk Show
- Designer Jewelry: John Hardy Trunk Show with music by DJ John Doe as well as cocktails and hors d’oeuvres provided by The Capital Grille
Saks Fifth Avenue (Friday, Sept. 10 (3 p.m. – 9 p.m.) and Saturday, Sept. 11 (2 p.m. – 6 p.m.)
Saks Fifth Avenue at Fashion Show will celebrate rock ‘n’ roll’s influence on fashion with events throughout each department.
- Rock out with resident DJ, enjoy popcorn and learn makeup tips on how to look like a rock star. Rock Star services include makeovers with Chanel, Estee Lauder, Laura Mercier, Dior, Guerlain and Bobbi Brown.
- Shoppers can also enjoy complimentary mini manicure, as well as complimentary perfume bottle painting with a purchase of a fragrance.
- Fekkai will feature hair product sampling and complimentary mini blowouts with a consultation.
- Handbags – “The Perfect Remix – How to Wear Fall’s Styles”
- Meet Sherry Cline, Retail Sales Coordinator for Tom Ford Sunglasses. (Sept. 10, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.)
- Jewelry will feature “Heavy Metal – How to Wear Bangles, Dangles and Chains.” Enter to win a sterling silver chain bracelet from John Hardy.
Shoes: Special gift with a purchase of a pair of shoes.
Intimates: Sip champagne. Special Gift with Purchase from Wacoal. Enter to win a drawing in the Intimates department.
Women’s: Dress like a “Rock Star” styling – Meet Elie Tahari representative, Kristy Lama ( Sept. 10 from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m.). Shoppers are also invited to go to the VIP Lounge for the Elie Tahari event, featuring cocktails (Sept.10, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. and September 11 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.)
Men’s: Guitar Hero Competition (Sept.10, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.; Sept. 11, 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.) Each winner receives a $10 iTune Card.
Enter the Master Card Sweepstakes: Two lucky Fashion’s Night Out winners will receive a trip to New York, a shopping spree at Saks and tickets to a popular rock concert in New York.
Also appearing at Saks Fifth Avenue’s Contemporary Center Stage on One will be three local up-and-coming live bands. Guests who shop with a MasterCard will receive the exclusive rock ‘n’ roll playlist.
• To The Masquerade – Friday, Sept.10 at 7:30 p.m. and Sept.11 at 5 p.m.
• Victors Rumor – Friday, Sept. 10 at 6 p.m. and Sept. 11 at 3:30 p.m.
• Neon Façade – Friday, Sept. 10 at 4:30 p.m. and Sept. 11 at 2 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 10 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Barneys New York at The Shoppes at The Palazzo
- See fall collections and enter to win a $500 shopping spree.
- Spend $150 in The Foundation (cosmetics) and receive a complimentary gift. Gifts vary by counter, and quantities are limited.
- Local artist Janis Bovino will host “Woof Woof Winter Wear” fashions for your dog (Main floor, Sept. 10 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.)
Friday, Sept. 10 – Sunday, Sept. 12
Common area events:
- Fashion students from International Academy of Design & Technology (IADT), will showcase the school’s winning T-shirt design on models on the runway at Fashion Show at 4 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 10. Following the show, students will distribute more than 200 free IADT fashion T-shirts to shoppers.
- Gift-With-Purchase at Fashion Show and The Shoppes at The Palazzo: Spend $500 or more and receive two show tickets to Jersey Boys, Phantom-The Las Vegas Spectacular or Blue Man Group. Redemption starts at 10 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 10.
- Postcard included in VEGAS Magazine offers complimentary Fashion’s Night Out Signature bag to the first 250 shoppers to redeem the postcard.
I recommend printing this blog out so you don’t miss a single event. So grab all your girlfriends together and get ready to have a shopping adventure of a lifetime.