Mother’s Day is just around the corner (Sunday, May 8 to be exact) and instead of showing your appreciation with flowers, jewelry or an elaborate card, why not take her on a weekend trip to Vegas?
From complimentary meals for Mom and tempting wine options to luxurious spa treatments all throughout the Strip, a trip to Vegas is the better than anything she can unwrap.
Munch during brunch
We all love bonding over brunch, and Mom is just the right person to share this with. On May 8 from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Mon Ami Gabi offers French toast for only $10.95, eggs Benedict for $14.95 or the irresistible strawberry waffle for $10.95.
A luxurious dining experience, Fountains Brunch at Jasmine pairs views of the world-famous fountains at Bellagio with savory cuisine. Enjoy tableside carved Peking-style duck, roasted prime tenderloin or Georgia peach-stuffed white chocolate brioche French toast. Other items include Kobe beef carpaccio wrapped with white asparagus with a truffle emulsion, house-made chicken-apple and chorizo sausage, Atlantic salmon Wellington, brioche-crusted rack of lamb and Mother’s Day Chocolate Delights to its Sunday brunch menu.
Desserts include an assortment of truffles, miniature French pastries, white and dark chocolate-dipped strawberries and a special Mother’s Day chocolate treat. Mother’s Day brunch at Jasmine is available 11 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. and is priced at $65 per person ($78 per person with unlimited champagne).
Want to see a cooking demonstration during brunch with Mom? Border Grill at Mandalay Bay offers an interactive experience featuring cocktail and cuisine demonstrations with Chef Mary Sue Milliken and her culinary team. Currently featured on Bravo’s “Top Chef Masters,” Chef Milliken’s brunch includes a welcome reception, cooking demo, selection of spicy and savory dishes and a gift bag. Tickets are $130 per person.
Laguna Champagne Bar at the Palazzo offers an extensive champagne menu to suit every woman’s needs. To the rose, brut or blanc de blanc, the bar adds a hibiscus flower, giving the drink a delicate floral sensation. The sparkling menu also offers signature champagne cocktails such as the Looking Glass, which features Stoli Razberi, Cointreau, white cranberry juice, fresh raspberries and Goset Grand Rosé champagne.
Latin-inspired Fusion Mixology Bar offers an assortment of beautifully handcrafted cocktails, including Flora Fresca, a fresh springtime cocktail featuring vanilla vodka, Jasmine liqueur, Hibiscus liqueur, lavender, cucumber, lemon and ginger.
Treat mom to a free meal
What better time to be a mom than now? Fine restaurants on the Strip offer free cuisine for Mom, making her feel oh-so special.
At P.J. Clarke’s inside The Forum Shops, Mom can order anything on the menu as long as you order at least $35 worth of food. This special is offered on May 8 only from 11 a.m. to close. Signature items include the restaurant’s signature chili, baked macaroni and cheese with peas and bacon and the Seafood Extravaganza. These items include fish and chips, Maine lobster rolls, Maryland jumbo lump crab cakes and crisp Monterey calamari tossed with hot peppers. The raw bar features shrimp, lobster, oysters, littlenecks and cherrystones on the half shell.
Onda Ristorante at Mirage offers a three-course prix fixe menu that moms can enjoy all for free (one per table). The meal begins with a choice of portobello carpaccio and crab salad, baby greens, walnut and parmesan cheese salad or risotto fritta. Entrée options include shrimp and lobster puttunesca, grilled pork tenderloin or sautéed chicken. End dinner on a sweet note with a citrus torta or Chocolate Budino. This Mother’s Day menu is available 5 p.m. – 10 p.m. and is $49.99 per person.
Kokomo’s at Mirage also offers a complimentary meal for Mom (one per table). Begin the celebration with a scrumptious appetizer such as the bibb lettuce tower, white asparagus with Virginia ham or fried green tomatoes. Next, select a delicious entrée such as potato wrapped bass, grilled flat iron steak or roasted organic chicken breast. Make sure to save room for strawberry meringue tart or chocolate raspberry torte. The Mother’s Day menu is available 5 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. and is $49.99 per person.
In the mood for Asian cuisine? Mom can enjoy Chinese cuisine for free too (one per table) at Fin at Mirage. The three-course prix fixe menu features your choice of hot and sour or egg drop soup, an appetizer plate, Mongolian beef, sweet and sour pork or Kung Pao chicken for the main entrée and a trio of Mochi ice cream for dessert. Fin’s Mother’s Day menu is available 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. and is $49.99 per person.
On Sunday, May 8 the PBR Rock Bar & Grill inside Planet Hollywood’s Miracle Mile Shops offers a small token of appreciation to all the moms and grandmas — free bull rides all day. Make sure to bring your camera!
Kids also eat for free all day with the purchase of an entrée. Menu includes favorites such as chocolate chip pancakes, macaroni and cheese and mini cheeseburgers. (I may be reaching 30, but I’m still a kid-at-heart. Hmm, I’m wondering if I can pass as a little girl…)
- Canyon Ranch SpaClub at Venetian offers Mom’s Ultimate Day of Luxury – it includes an 80 Minute Canyon Ranch Massage, Absolute Custom Facial and lunch at Canyon Ranch Grill.
- At the Spa and Salon at Aria, moms can enjoy the following treatments from Friday, May 6 through Monday, May 9. The 80-minute Mother’s Day Essential Stone Massage with Complimentary Warm Oil Scalp Treatment Enhancement combines the soothing effects of warm basalt stones with the therapeutic use of seasonal essential oils to calm the mind and restore the body ($290).
- Spa & Salon Vdara offers the 50-minute Crème de Cassis facial, leaving the skin ultra-hydrated. It includes a soothing, warm hand paraffin with an additional eye treatment ($150). During the month of May, if you book a facial with Mom on the same day, you’ll receive 20 percent off.
- Oleksandra Spa & Salon at TI offers the ultimate mother-daughter bonding experience with treatments designed for two or more people to enjoy. The O Spa signature manicure and pedicure uses organic products like fragrances of sweet almond, and a sugar polish for skin on the hands and feet. Or, enjoy a tension-relieving massage offered in the soothing comfort of Oleksandra’s treatment suite with two tables and therapists. Add-ons include stones and hot-oil scalp treatments.
- Spa Mio inside M Resort offers The Mama Mio Package, which includes a 75-minute Spa Mio manicure and pedicure, make-up application and blow-dry with style. The signature manicure and pedicure bathes hands and feet in a floral soaking treatment rich in minerals. Your nail technician nourishes and massages your hands before adding polish. Your feet will be exfoliated and pampered with a hydrating massage followed by nail care.Or, opt for the Mio Massage and Chocolate Delight package, which includes a 50-minute relaxation massage and a 50-minute body treatment. Your therapist uses long, flowing motions and kneading to firmly (but gently) apply pressure. This classic form of massage improves circulation and eases muscle tension. The body treatment includes a luxurious raspberry chocolate scrub, followed by a rich cocoon of moisturizing mask. After soaking in all of the nutrients of the mask, a silky lotion is applied to the body, leaving skin soft and moisturized.