Today is National Tequila Day and now you have just the excuse you were looking for to do some tequila shots and sip on a cold margarita. Vegas has no shortage of bars that will cater to your tequila cravings, so here’s my list of the top five places to get your fix:
1) What better place to indulge in tequila than a place that’s named after the drink itself? Tequila Bar at Bally’s offers Latin music, colorful Southwestern decor and a menu with a dazzling array of 50 types of its namesake beverage, including dozens of versions of mixto, silver and blanco. For the true connoisseur, the bar offers rested (aged 2-11 months) and aged (one year or more) tequilas. Tequila Bar also has an extensive margarita menu made exclusively with Sauza tequila.
2) Camacho’s Cantina at Aliante Station Casino and Hotel is celebrating all things tequila in honor of National Tequila Day. The cantina will be featuring more than 130 tequilas from its standard collection, including Patrón, Jose Cuervo, Don Julio and Cazadores, but will also offer select premium tequilas at special one-day-only prices. Representatives will be on hand to discuss the various brands, their distillation methods and flavors.
3) Dos Caminos Mexican restaurant at Palazzo offers great food, but if you head to the adjacent lounge, you’ll find a DJ and a cool vibe that’s conducive to celebrating National Tequila Day. Dos Caminos has an extensive tequila menu including flights of carefully selected types of Mexico’s best. The bar also serves organic margaritas and its signature frozen prickly pear margarita.
4) Tacos and Tequila at the Luxor has some of the most creative twists on margaritas that you’ll find north of the border. Try the pineapple chipotle margarita, made with Herradura Silver Tequila and Dutch Orange Curaçao, shaken with fresh lime and pineapple juice, Monin pineapple chipotle syrup, and a dash of Tabasco chipotle hot sauce. The Spicy Lover is a combination of sweet and spicy made with Jose Cuervo Platino Tequila, English cucumber, Mexican cilantro, lime juice, sweet agave nectar and a dash of Tabasco.
5) Diablo’s Cantina at the Monte Carlo is a great place to get some food and enjoy the open air patio overlooking the Strip. Diablo’s also has live music, a DJ and a full bar where you can find creative libations including “Cursed Infusions:” Suaza Hornitos Tequila, fresh seasonal fruits and cane sugar steeped together.