Are you stuck in the generation when bell bottoms, disco, good ol’ rock ‘n’ roll and feathered hair dominated the scene?
Look no further than Fremont Street Experience, where you can party like it’s 1979.
If you’re dying to check out the real artists from this era, see the following headliners on these dates:
- Little River Band: July 3 for Fourth of July Weekend (3rd Street Stage)
- Blue Oyster Cult: August 14 for Hot Rockin’ Weekend (3rd Street Stage)
- Jefferson Starship: Sept. 4 for Labor Day Weekend (1st Street Stage)
- Desperado: Eagles tribute, June 22-26
- Highway to Hell: AC/DC tribute, June 29-30, July 1-2 and July 4
- Platinum Rockstars: Classic rock tribute band emulating Foreigner, Boston, Van Halen and Led Zeppelin, July 6-10
- Rockin’ the Paradise: Styx tribute, July 13-17
- Heart Alive: Heart tribute, July 27-31
- Wild Heart – Fleetwood Mac tribute – August 3-7
- Escape: Journey tribute, August 17-21
- Satisfaction – The Rolling Stones tribute – August 24-28
Shows are Tuesday through Saturday from 9 p.m. to midnight. Each night will have three sets, each starting after the top-of-the-hour Viva Vision shows.
Elvis fans can also enjoy “Ultimate Elvis Weekend,” featuring a tribute artist contest at the 1st Street stage. Times are to be announced.
While you’re here, you can also enjoy ’70s-inspired Viva Vision shows playing on the overhead canopy:
- 8:30 p.m.: Don McLean’s: “American Pie”
- 9 p.m.: The Doors’ “Strange Days in Vegas”
- 10 p.m.: A Tribute to Queen
- 11 p.m.: KISS Over Vegas
- Midnight: “Signs of Life” by John Van Hamersveld (Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays) or George Thorogood’s “Bad To The Bone” (Mondays, Wednesdays)
- 1 a.m. (Fridays & Saturdays only): George Thorogood’s “Bad To The Bone”
At Fremont Street Experience this summer, it’ll be like one big time machine. But hurry – the ’70s summer of fun won’t last forever.