Yes – for 10 years to be exact!
Known as North America’s only predator-based aquarium, The Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay celebrates its 10-year anniversary with summer-long celebrations. Reduced admission prices, birthday parties with free activities, plus food and beverage specials are sure to keep you cool this summer.
Celebration parties are June 19, July 17 and Aug. 21. During these days, you’ll receive:
- $10 adult admission, $5 children admission (children four and younger are free)
- 10 percent off Shark Reef store merchandise
- Complimentary birthday cookies, face painting, balloon animals and birthday fin crowns from 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Appearances by Sharky the Shark
- $10 meal deal at Burgers & Dogs
On June 19th only, see an aquatic-themed cake contest to test the skills of Las Vegas’ award-winning pastry chefs. Public voting is from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., winner announced at 7 p.m.
In addition, from June 19 to August 21, Shark Reef Aquarium will offer free birthday fin crowns for the kids. Adults can enjoy $10 Shark Reef-inspired drinks available at all casino bars. Also, if you know someone who turns 10 this year, they’ll receive 10 percent off birthday party rentals (must be booked between June 7 and Dec. 31).
Also, the 10 millionth guest (which is expected to happen around July or August) will receive a grand prize package.
- There are more teeth in this exhibit than slot machines at Mandalay Bay (10,000 versus 2,200).
- The Shark Reef features more than 2,000 dangerous animals including a Komodo Dragon, Golden Crocodiles and several species of sharks all under one roof.
- The animals eat more than 500 pounds of food each week. This is equal to a whopping 130 tons in the past 10 years!
- This is the largest tropical shark exhibit west of the Mississippi.
Shark Reef Aquarium holds nearly 1.6-million gallons of fresh and sea water in 14 major exhibits.
- The saltwater in the Shipwreck exhibit is fully filtered every 90 minutes for an astounding total of 39.5-billion gallons filtered in 10 years.
- Golden Crocodiles have been here since day one.
- The facility creates its own saltwater and has used more than 1.5-million pounds of salt since it opened in 2000.
The Shark Reef opens 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday. For more information, call (702) 632-4555.