The decorations are up and the performers are ready as Winter in Venice kicks off at The Venetian and The Palazzo now through Jan. 5, 2014.
The two resorts will be offering a variety of attractions and entertainment including top name entertainment, a skating rink, character performances, a fantasy scene in The Palazzo Waterfall Atrium and Gardens, a 3-D light projection show and two Italian-inspired food festivals.
VEGAS.com got a look at the Winter in Venice festivities as well as a preview of performances by Celtic Woman, Human Nature’s holiday songs and Panda! coming to The Venetian on Dec. 16.
Here is a rundown of the Winter in Venice holiday events and check out the photos below:
- “Celtic Woman: Home for Christmas – The Symphony Tour” at 8 p.m. on Nov. 22 – 23 and Nov. 27 – 28 in the Venetian Theatre.
- Outdoor Skating Rink open daily with sessions at 3:15, 4:15, 5:15, 6:15, 7:15, 8:15, 9:15 and 10:15 p.m.
- The Waterfall Atrium and Gardens at The Palazzo has been transformed into an elaborate show-stopping fantasy display by The Palazzo’s award-winning horticulture team.
- The Venetian’s exterior and Doge’s Palace plaza is festooned with lights and a 65-foot LED Christmas tree as part of the Holiday Spectacular and Light Show. A nightly “Winter in Venice Holiday Spectacular” will unfold throughout the plaza with strolling, characters, musicians and special entertainment performances.
- La Cucina Italiana Food & Wine Festival takes place Dec. 5 – 8 and includes four days of culinary experiences.
- Culinary Clash Weekend with Chef Emeril Lagasse takes place on Dec. 13 as one Venetian and Palazzo chef is crowned the winner of the second Culinary Clash Master Chef Competition, winning a trip to Venice.
- The sixth annual Carnival of Cuisine food festival will take place on Dec. 14 at The Palazzo pool deck with a special appearance by Lagasse.
- Human Nature has added a short film featuring themselves in a stop-action adaptation of “White Christmas” set in the desert outside Las Vegas to their nightly show. “White Christmas” is just one holiday classic the quartet is performing during the holiday season. They have also just released “Human Nature – The Christmas Album.” Catch them soon before they go on tour for four weeks.
- Panda!, a new show featuring costumed pandas, high-flying acrobatics, kung fu mastery, magic, music, dance and Chinese drama, opens Dec. 16 at The Palazzo.